#LoveLamLibOneDay by SJV
Simon & Schuster are delighted to announce that they will be hosting a Lambeth Libraries #DigitalOriginals #OneDay open submission day (#LoveLamLibOneDay) exclusively for residents of the London Borough of Lambeth, enabling authors to bypass the traditional route to publishing and submit, for the first time, directly to their editorial team.
S&S are inviting residents of Lambeth to submit the first three chapters of their unpublished historical, contemporary, crime, thriller, romance, saga or reading group manuscript on 15th May 2021 for consideration for #DigitalOriginals, the S&S eBook first publishing programme, as part of the Lambeth Libraries Readers and Writers Literary Festival 2021.
Simon & Schuster Brand Development Director (Fiction) Sara-Jade Virtue says: ‘I’m immensely proud of our industry first #DigitalOriginals publishing programme and #OneDay open submission initiative. We know that sometimes the route to publishing can be a daunting, confusing and at times terrifying road, but with #OneDay, all of the usual rules and regulations are cast aside. I’m very much looking forward to working closely with the team at Lambeth Libraries and am excited to receive submissions from residents.’
Here is some general information about the S&S #DigitalOriginals project and the submission guidelines:
- All you need is the synopsis for the novel, a 500 word introduction to who you are (to include your full name, postal address, telephone number and your social media details) and your first three chapters (sent as a word document attachment, double spaced).
- All submissions (synopsis, introduction to who you are and first three chapters) must be received between the hours of 8.00am and 8.00pm on 15th May 2021. The email account to send your submission to is email@example.com. You will need to include your home post code in the subject heading of the email. Only one entry is permitted per person.
- If your novel is acquired by S&S, they will publish in digital format, which will be available across all e-tailers in the English language across the World. You will be working with their experienced in-house team, and will be provided with a contract, full editorial input including copy editing and proof reading, an eBook jacket and a suite of marketing and publicity promotion.
- #DigitalOriginals is part of the Simon & Schuster UK publishing company and your contract with them under the #DigitalOriginals project offers you the same benefits as all Simon & Schuster UK authors receive.
- Whether you’ve been previously published or not, this is the perfect opportunity to submit your work and have a chance to be published by the award-winning, international publishing house behind #DigitalOriginals – Simon & Schuster UK Ltd. They will consider novels that have been previously published, providing you have retained full rights, or had rights reverted back to you.
- If they are interested in seeing more of your work, they will contact you by 15th November 2021, at which time they will ask you to send the complete novel (no less than 80,000 words, no more than 100,000) as a word document (or equivalent) double spaced.
- The #LoveLamLibOneDay is NOT open for non-fiction, short stories, fantasy, science fiction, young adult or children’s titles.
Simon & Schuster are committed to the goal of building a culturally diverse publishing list, and offering a story for everyone. We encourage authors to submit their work regardless of age, race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, social circumstance or disability status.
More information on the Lambeth Readers and Writers Festival please contact Tim O’Dell TODell@lambeth.gov.uk.
More details can be found here https://www.facebook.com/LambethReadersAndWritersFestival