10 Ideas for a Magical Christmas Wedding by Alice
To celebrate the release of Paige Toon’s A Christmas Wedding – the short story sequel to Thirteen Weddings – I have put together a list of festive wedding ideas! From invites to decorations, from food to favours, here are 10 things that would make a Christmas wedding magical!
1. Send out Christmas cards as wedding invitations.
Remember, you’ll probably be sending out your invites months in advance of the wedding itself so, although Christmas card invites might look a little strange hanging on your friends’ fridges in September, they’ll certainly get your guests feeling festive good and early.
2. Place mistletoe strategically around your venue.
3. Have Christmas crackers as wedding favours.
Christmas crackers make great table decorations and they double up as wedding favours. They’re also a fantastic way for your guests to break the ice with the other people on their table – and wearing the paper hat is compulsory!
4. Alternatively, your wedding favours could be presents under the tree.
Make sure there’s a Christmas tree at your venue so your guests can relive Christmas morning when they leave, collecting their wedding favours from under the tree.
5. Instead of a guestbook, ask your guests to write messages on tags and hang them off of the Christmas tree.
Another reason to make sure your venue has a Christmas tree! The tags will look great at the wedding and they’ll make a lovely keepsake for you and your spouse.
6. Make your own decorations.
A Christmas theme really lends itself to DIY decorations. Spend the lead up to your wedding day collecting jars. Spray the inside of the jars with spray mount, pour in glitter, screw on the lid and shake. Once the inside of the jar is completely coated in glitter, add battery powered fairy lights or tea lights and you have your very own handmade, glittering, flickering centre piece. Or you could buy clear baubles with screw on tops and fill them with sequins or glitter or confetti – anything you like!
7. If your venue has a fireplace, hang stockings across it in your wedding colours.
8. Choose a Christmas dinner for your wedding breakfast, with all the trimmings.
Christmas dinner is the best dinner of the year. This way you get to have it twice!
9. Dress your wedding post box as a mailbox for Santa.
10. Create your very own Christmas market.
Have stands giving out pretzels or roasted chestnuts. Serve mini mince pies and mugs of mulled wine instead of canapés and bubbly.
A Christmas Wedding is out in e-book today! Four years after that fated thirteenth wedding, Bronte is living in the UK, happily burying her head in the sand. But when an email lands in her inbox from Alex, it seems her past might be about to catch up with her right here in Sydney. Is it time for Bronte to finally face her demons?
With links to The Last Piece of My Heart, Lucy in the Sky and One Perfect Summer, this e-book sequel is an absolute must for all fans of Paige Toon!